Welcome. I am so glad you found your way here.
Pastor or Coach?
One of the first questions people ask, “Are you really a pastor?” Yes. I am. I am also a coach here to work with you and by you. However, I do not serve in a traditional church. I meet you where you are for what you need.
As a culture, we live in a time of transition. Old ways no longer fit. We know what we do not want. But what might we hope for? I work with couples to name and claim what they do desire. Together, we create the future and ceremony that best represents you. Most often, I coach couples who are moments of transition:
- Preparing for marriage
- Welcoming a new member into the family
- Adjusting to blended family life
- Saying good-bye to a loved one
As a former middle school English teacher, I believe we are all lifelong learners who write our own life’s story. Times of transition, or chapter changes if you will, are divine moments. While we reflect back and look forward, we become empowered. Working together, we become more aware of what we long for. In collaboration, we write the next chapter of your story.
- MDiv from Lancaster Theological Seminary in May of 2009.
- United Church of Christ, ordained pastor since 2011
- Certified Prepare/Enrich facilitator since 2014.
- Certified Stepfamily Coach by Stepfamily Foundation since spring 2015
- Completion of Gottman Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- I do bring a Christian perspective.
- I believe that a High Power, I call God, is intricately and intimately part of the human struggle and story.
- God’s presence is not only thought about–it is lived in body, mind, and spirit.
- Diversity is one of God’s best gifts and challenges to humanity.
- Diversity teaches us compassion and opens us to creativity
- I take a whole and holistic view of individuals, couples, and families.
A Snippet of My Story
My own story involves all of the ups, downs, and curves of modern life. Today, I am happily divorced and joyfully re-married. I remain good friends with my ex-husband, who is now remarried to his wonderful husband. As an ordained pastor, I participate within the life of the United Church of Christ at First Reformed United Church of Christ. However, my husband is an active and practicing Roman Catholic. Needless to say, our theological and philosophical conversations provide me first hand experience with the joy and challenge of diversity. Together we discover how our unique blend makes us a stronger team. Finally, as a stepmom in a blended family, I regularly learn and re-learn all those lessons I “preach.” If you can’t guess from this little snippet, I am familiar with what it means to live into the twenty-first century family. I bring this awareness, experience, and sensitivity with me as I journey with you.
It is my privilege and honor to walk alongside people through life’s journey. I look forward to meeting and hearing your story.